- I can believe that Gwen might be the one to come up with the notion of playing Robin Hood. I have a harder time buying the idea that she can teach anything about scams or larceny to Jack Harkness, ex-con artist. (ETA: Okay, Barrowman actually makes some good points in the Extended Inside Look: Jack (a) never told the team about his con man period and (b) would find the situation amusing.)
- Leave it to Ianto to consider the creature comforts. Bless.
- “Better make the most of it...Bloody beans.”
- Last episode it was Frobisher who talked about being put on the front lines; this time it’s Lois Habiba. Guess who I have more sympathy for.
- Signs in the police stations! Behind Andy: WE’RE COMING TO COLLECT; on Clem’s cellblock, DO YOU HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM?.
- “Just like those games Gran used to teach you, remember?...If you harm him, I will kill you.” “Certainly your father’s daughter, I’ll give you that.”
- Why doesn’t Johnson ever wear a helmet?
- Okay, you’d think that by the third day the parents would have figured out that yelling “Stop it!” at their children is not going to work.
- Making the alien a multi-headed, ichor-dripping, vomit-spewing, screeching thing in a fog is a cheap and easy scare. I don’t mean that it was inexpensive to do, but that mashing the ew, gross! button is kind of a cop-out.
- Beaming a representative into Thames House is a chump move. Why not stick to radio? (Well, obviously because it’s better drama that way, but realistically, if I were an alien I would stay off-planet and stick to telecommunications. Much less chance of getting shot.)
- Y’know, Frobisher, there is a difference between “private” and “secret.”
- I like the diplomatic protocol; it rings true to me. When all else fails, fall back on empty formalities.
- The 456 may be Lovecraftian horrors, but at least they’re polite enough to periodically squeegee the inside of the tank, judging from how the vomit keeps disappearing from the glass.
- “How many?” WRONG RESPONSE. TRY “NO.”
- Oh, Gwen. You were doing so well, only to get hit with the stupids in the last two minutes.
Torchwood: Children of Earth, Day Three
Thirty lucky Grubbers are getting a sneak peek of the mid-season premiere of USA Network’s “White Collar” – the show for your average, everyday,…
Due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, United Nations Offices in New York will remain closed on Wednesday, 31 October 2012. All meetings at…
Due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, United Nations offices in New York will remain closed on Tuesday, 30 October 2012. All meetings at Headquarters…