Thoughts on rewatching Day Two:
- So the big mystery of the episode is, What are the mysterious, unfathomable instructions sent by the 456 for? The answer: a jumped up terrarium with a poisonous atmosphere. Really? This was impossible to figure out from just reading the message? I was expecting at least a tesseract.
- As always, the stormtroopers are lousy shots, even with laser sights.
- I’ve seen people arguing that Frobisher is a good man in a bad situation, and I’m sorry, but no. He’s the guy who suggests that a blank page is needed; he’s supposed to be Torchwood’s liaison with the Government, and instead he signs their death warrant. I’ll accept him as a tragic figure, but much of his burden is of his own making. (Speaking of that death warrant, the point of issuing a “blank page” is to order assassinations without incriminating documentation. So, in “Day One” Frobisher handed a blank page to his assistant, Bridget Spears...and she sent an e-mail with the phrase "Order to Kill". Ooooookay.)
- Lois remains awesome.
- Okay, the standards-and-practices-mandated cloud over the Barrow-arse is hilarious.
- RTD in the Extended Inside Look: “The government has the Americans sitting on them, the Americans have the UN sitting on them...” HA HA HA HA. Oh, Russ. Honey, I work at the UN, and trust me: no.