• It was immediately obvious that the guy in the warehouse was not Castiel. Well played, Mischa!Bonus thought:
• Oh man, his hair.
• I wish they hadn’t taken the addiction route. It would be more interesting if Sam was just in it for the power.
• The moment they showed Jimmy’s blonde family I knew they were demonbait. Whenever I see a towheaded girl character I expect her eyes to go white.
• Jimmy declining to say grace — wow, apparently the surest way to suffer a crisis of faith is to spend time with an angel.
• Sam, Dean...you save the nice lady and the little girl from the possessed neighbors and boost a car for them, but don’t give them any anti-demon mojo? FAIL.
• For a split second, I thought the girl had been possessed by Ruby. Oh my God, how awesome would it have been if Sam taken his hit of demon blood from Jimmy’s daughter?!? I am a sick, sick person. Also, kudos, unknown child actor!
• Ooh, felt the bit and lash, did we, Cas? (I wonder if Heaven is subject to time dilation like Hell?)
• Coming soon! Lost Weekend: Winchester Edition.
So the capacity to serve as an angelic vessel is “in the blood,” i.e., an inherited trait. (Nephilim
? How did angels have sex with beings who couldn’t see or hear them without suffering debilitating injury?) Meanwhile, the blood of humans possessed by demons have magical properties. Conclusion: in the SPN!verse Lamarckian evolution
is a viable theory.Bonus bonus thought:
So, Jimmy is married. I wonder how many Dean/Castiel ’shippers are plotting Novak!divorce!fics right now?