And now, the Wikipedia birthday meme: Go to Wikipedia. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year). List three events that happened on your birthday. List two important birthdays and one interesting death. Post this in your journal.
• 1905 - Mutiny on the battleship Potemkin.
• 1967 - The world's first ATM is installed in Enfield, London.
• 1985 - Route 66 ceases to be an official U.S. highway.
Two Important Birthdays
• 1838 - Paul von Mauser, German weapon designer (d. 1914)
• 1869 - Emma Goldman, Lithuanian-born anarchist and feminist (d. 1940)
Perhaps merely interesting: LAfcadio Hearn, Helen Keller, Ross Perot, Krzysztof Kieślowski, Vera Wang, Isabelle Adjani, Tony Leung, J.J. Abrams, and — holy crap, I am exactly the same age as Tobey Maguire.
One Interesting Death
• 1844 - Joseph Smith, Jr. American founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (murdered)