Greetings, fellow denizens of LJ! It has been a busy year, capped by a super-busy month! Briefly, I:
- Saw Black Swan, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, TRON: Legacy*, and Viktor und Viktoria (the 1933 film remade by Blake Edwards as Victor/Victoria).
- Wrote stories for the muncle seventh "Down the Chimney Affair", due South Sekrit Santa, and Yuletide (more on this in a future post).
- Went to my friend tacologic's Christmas Yankee Swap party with a bottle of rum (picked, ironically, by the one person in the room who hated rum) and came home with a fondue pot.
- Used the fondue pot to make mulled wine at the office Christmas party, where I won a prize for Best Festive Outfit.
- Swapped shifts for the week before Christmas, enabling me to leave for Tampa a day earlier than I'd thought I could.
- Managed to pack everything (presents, clothes, toiletries, gadgets and associated power cordage) into two carry-on bags.
- Traveled from the office to JFK by the subway and AirTrain -- surprisingly fast and easy, though hauling two bulging suitcases did a number on my neck and shoulders.
- Met and fell in love with Dad's adorable new pet, Minerva, a Shetland Sheepdog.
- Went target shooting twice and established that I am left-eyed. (Also, I need stronger wrists if I'm ever to fire a .45 without it jamming every damn time.)
- Sat in at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Goddamn, those folks can smoke.
- Missed the Great Blizzard of 2010.
- Underwent my first body scan in Tampa International Airport on New Year's Eve.
- Attended tacologic's New Year's Dance Party and relearned the Macarena.
Today was spent chilling, because hauling two bulging suitcases home + hours of dancing = OW. Despite this, my resolution for the year is Get off my ass and do stuff.
Keep exercising! Go to the thrice-weekly French classes I signed up for! Clean my damned apartment. (Yes, ALL THE THINGS!)
...Starting tomorrow.* Y halo thar, new fandom.