Gore! Ethical quandaries! Post-DampSquib!Apocalypse Heaven as a celestial version of the dissolving Soviet Union, complete with nukes gone astray! CASTIEL OMG I missed you.
- Wow, plotwise, that was a straightforward homage to the Carol Reed film. Thank goodness Castiel is tougher and cannier than Holly Martins.
- Speaking of Castiel, his people skills are "rusty" (he spent a year as a multidimensional wavelength of celestial intent!) but he remembers "air quotes." Hee.
- I'm digging Balthazar as the angelic counterpart of Crowley -- someone who preaches the doctrine of CYOA and likes the good life. ("I had a menage a ... what's French for twelve?") Would be willing to watch again.
- Another black man bites it. Oh, show, why you gotta be like that?
- All the "bad" angels dress like William Morris agents. This amuses me.
- Female angel with dialogue, please? Bonus points if she's named Penat.
- So, did Raphael resurrect Sam? After all, if the Apocalypse is to happen Lucifer will be needing his meatsuit.
- Oh, SAM. *eyeroll* At least you aren't sleeping with third-cousin Campbell, which is what I first thought when that brunette emerged from the bathroom.